Provide superior customer service to all guests and residents. Assist the Property Manager with the general operation of the apartment community. Must be able to perform all duties of the Property Manager. Effective performance results in increased operating results for the property.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in ensuring property associates comply with Mills’ policies and procedures and government regulations.
- Assist in maintaining time and attendance records for associates.
- Maintain open and clear communication with the property staff and Property Manager.
- Assist in the training of Mills’ associates.
- Assist with ensuring that all activities at the property are conducted in compliance with fair housing regulations and all local, state and federal laws.
- Ensure all rents are collected and deposits are made in a timely manner.
- Assist with daily banking.
- Serve Pay or Quit notices on all delinquent residents and actively pursue collection of all outstanding rent balances.
- Perform evictions on delinquent rents and utility cut-offs on new move-ins as required.
- Print vendor checks and mail, if applicable.
- Submit all invoices and security deposits to the Property Manager for approval on a timely basis.
- Maintain high closing and telephone conversion ratios. Set the leasing example!
- Assist in the implementation and proper usage of all programs, policies and procedures, including resident retention and renewal programs.
- Analyze and monitor the property market conditions in order to anticipate market changes or trends that could affect the profitability of the property. Accurately complete the rent ranking on a regular basis. Maintain an accurate knowledge of the property, especially in areas affecting the leasing of apartments such as pricing, square footage, availability, etc.
- Assist in monitoring closing ratios of leasing associates to ensure requirements are met. Provide additional training as necessary.
- Understand the history, trends and productivity of guest traffic.
- Assist in overseeing, developing and participating in various leasing programs to ensure their success including follow up and understanding the housing needs of prospects.
- Assist in managing all leasing activities at the property to ensure full compliance with equal housing opportunity laws.
- Be able to effectively explain all leases and community policies to new and current residents.
- Responsible for attending and assisting in resident relations and community social activities, such as newsletters, parties, meetings, etc.
- Inspect apartments for market readiness prior to showing.
- Inspect apartments prior to move-in.
- Perform marketing visits to businesses, institutions, and other potential sources of new residents.
- Be familiar with the inventory of apartments that are available for rent at the community.
- Process all security deposit move-out reports including inspections of apartments at time of move-out, or before if requested by the vacating resident.
- Organize and maintain current files, reports and other property paperwork.
- Responsible for accurate and efficient processing of prospective residents including lease applications, application verification, lease agreements and addenda, credit checks and move-in packets.
- Responsible for accurately collecting and recording security deposits, rent payments and other move-in funds.
- Assist Property Manager when requested in preparing daily and weekly reports, resident communications, move-out inventory, surveys, etc.
- Maintain a professional and organized work environment.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Property Manager.
- Present a professional appearance in accordance with the Mills’ Grooming Guidelines, to include the wearing of uniform apparel and name tag/badge.
Qualifications and Education:
A high school education or equivalent is required. At least one year of experience in property management is needed. Excellent communication and organization skills are necessary. The associate must be able to perform all essential duties and responsibilities.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
No certificates, licenses or registrations necessary for this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Occasionally the associate may be required to lift more than 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Driving is required to inspect the apartment property, visit local neighborhood businesses, run errands, and make trips to the bank and the corporate office. A current valid driver’s license, current valid automobile insurance and a good driving record are required.
To perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job an associate will be indoors most of the time, but will have frequent exposure to the outdoors in all weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.