Are you ready for new challenges and new opportunities?
Join our team!
Current job opportunities are posted here as they become available.
Subscribe to our RSS feeds to receive instant updates as new positions become available.
|Location:||St. Louis - North County, MO|
Provide superior customer service to all guests and residents. Primary responsibilities include hands-on maintenance of the property and superior property performance in all aspects of maintenance operations. Through excellent customer service, staff and vendor supervision, ensure that interior and exterior maintenance, capital improvements, purchasing and work place safety is performed according to Mills’ standards. Performance of the Maintenance Supervisor is measured, in part, by the property’s adherence to the approved annual operating budget. Effective performance results in satisfactory expense control and enhanced operating results for the property.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with other staff members to maintain curb appeal by inspecting grounds, picking up litter and dealing with service needs.
· Order and control maintenance inventory as needed in a neat and orderly fashion; maintain and account for all property owned tools and equipment.
· Monitor the maintenance and up-keep of all mechanical equipment on the community including, but not limited to, water heaters, HVAC equipment, etc.
· Coordinate, perform back-up and fill-in for on-call emergency service as required.
· Protect the privacy of each resident and their property at all times.
· Report liabilities, accidents and any unsafe conditions to property manager immediately.
· Report property damage, property loss, leaks, mold, injury and/or criminal activity or incidents at the property immediately to the property manager.
· Attend and participate in training seminars and company meetings as requested, including monthly safety meetings.
Qualifications and Education:
A high school education or equivalent is required. At least one year of maintenance experience is required. Supervisory experience is helpful. Excellent communication and organization skills are necessary. The associate must also be able to provide the tools required by Mills, prior to the hire date. The associate must be able to perform all essential duties and responsibilities.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
HVAC and pool certification is required.
While performing the duties of this job the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The associate must frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds or more. Occasionally the employee may be required to lift more than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Driving is required to perform some responsibilities based on the size of some Mills’ properties. Driving may also be required to run errands and make trips to the corporate office. If driving is required a current valid driver’s license, current valid automobile insurance and a good driving record are required.
To perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job an associate will be indoors most of the time, but will have frequent exposure to the outdoors in all weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Maintenance Test (must score at least 70%).
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
Ability to solve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.