Provide superior customer service to all guests and residents. Help guests resolve their housing needs. Understand the competitive apartment market. Assist in the effective marketing of the community. Effective performance results in increased operating results for the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the leasing process from introduction to the actual occupancy of the resident, and for maintaining communication throughout the tenancy of the resident.
- Understand the housing needs of guests.
- Communicate through words and action that you are committed to helping guests resolve their housing problems.
- Explain rental criteria to guests.
- Extend an invitation to rent to all guests who meet the basic rental criteria.
- Complete follow-up, thank you notes and call-backs with prospects after initial property visit.
- Assist in the implementation and proper usage of all programs, policies and procedures, including resident retention and renewal programs.
- Inspect models and market ready vacant apartments daily to ensure cleanliness.
- Monitor all vacant apartments and future vacant apartments in order to react proactively to future occupancy needs.
- Be able to effectively explain all leases and community policies to new and current residents.
- Accurately record all guest contacts and phone calls.
- Responsible for attending and assisting in resident relations and community social activities, such as newsletters, parties, meetings, etc.
- Be familiar with the inventory of apartments that are available for rent at the community.
- Maintain an accurate and in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the community, particularly in areas such as rent and pricing information, vacant apartments, apartment availability, lease expirations, square footage, etc.
- Monitor the property advertisements and effectiveness of responses; maintain ad book and demographics.
- Prepare monthly competitive survey reports and analyze the real estate market trends and conditions in the area. Understand the history, trends and productivity of guest traffic.
- Work along with Property Manager to ensure curb appeal and property appearance is acceptable.
- Analyze and monitor the property market conditions in order to anticipate market changes or trends that could affect the profitability of the property. Accurately complete the rent ranking on a regular basis.
- Perform marketing visits to businesses, institutions, and other potential sources of new residents.
- Organize and maintain current files, reports and other property paperwork.
- Responsible for accurate and efficient processing of prospective residents, including lease applications, application verification, lease agreements and addenda, employment and credit checks and move-in packets.
- Responsible for accurately collecting and recording security deposits, rent payments and other move-in funds.
- Complete service requests and communicate effectively to maintenance department.
- Assist Property Manager and Assistant Manager, when requested, in preparing daily and weekly reports, resident communications, move-out inventory, surveys, etc.
- Conduct all business according to company policy and all laws pertaining to apartment communities such as Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities, etc.
- Maintain a professional and organized work environment.
- Maintain open communication with Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Physically inspect property when on grounds, pick up litter and report any service needs to maintenance staff. Inspect move-outs and vacant apartments.
- Make recommendations to management regarding improvements for the overall operation of the community.
- Attend and participate in training seminars and company meetings as requested.
- Attend all property meetings, including the monthly safety meetings.
- Present a professional appearance in accordance with the Mills’ Grooming Guidelines, to include the wearing of uniform apparel and name tag/badge.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Property Manager, Assistant Manager or Leasing Director.
Qualifications and Education:
A high school education or equivalent is required. Some sales experience may be necessary. Excellent communication and organization skills are necessary. The associate must be able to perform all essential duties and responsibilities.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
No certificates, licenses or registrations are necessary for this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Occasionally the associate may be required to lift more than 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Driving is required for essential duties and responsibilities due to the size of some Mills’ properties. Driving may also be required to visit local neighborhood businesses, run errands and make trips to the corporate office. If driving is required a current valid driver’s license, current valid automobile insurance and a good driving record are required.
To perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job an associate will be indoors most of the time, but will have frequent exposure to the outdoors in all weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.